Welcome

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

About Which is the best car dealership to work for

Which is the best car dealership to work for?
I have an offer to work with Lincoln in sales doing leads for internet sales with three or more other people besides all the workers on the floor. I also have an option to work for Ford, Chevy, or Dodge Chrysler. Are there any Car salesman or anyone with knowledge of the Auto industry that can recommend the right company out the ones I listed? Thanks everyone for your help.
Buying & Selling - 8 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I am not a car salesman, but I have to comment on this. Read the Edmunds.com "Confessions of a Car Salesman." It will open your eyes to the kind of person who ends up in that business. Go to school and look to improve yourself on some other level. Get a job in another industry.
Answer 2 :
Sorry, I did new car sales for two months, money was good, but I found all the subterfuge in dealing with customers was distasteful. so I Quit.
Answer 3 :
you can make good money selling cars but its a tough business make sure you are working for a dealership that does alot of advertising and sells at least 100 cars a month never go for the small dealerships if its money and longevity you want then sell hondas or toyotas it will take about 3 years to be sucessful on a monthly basis
Answer 4 :
I don't think the car make is the difference. I think it's the dealer. The guys whose name is on the sign. If he runs a good clean honest shop that's the guy to work for. There may not be many honest dealers out there, some dealers use unsavory tactics behind the scenes to manipulate the deal and his employees are caught in the game. But I'm sure there are some dealers with integrity that are good to work for. I don't think the make of cars they sell really matters.
Answer 5 :
Do your research and find out which manufacturer has the best sales record and increase in sales over the last three years. Then look at the projections for that manufacturer for the next three years. When you have that information review the manufacturer's customer satisfaction index (CSI) to see how pleased the customers are in their ownership experience. Finally, get the CSI for sales and service from any dealership you are considering. The key point is this; you will work the same number of hours aat whichever dealership you choose. Working for the best will give you greater peace of mind and more money. Also, talk to the salespeople, talk to the manager, ask for sale stats and earnings for the salespeole. You have a right to know this information. If they will not share at least a general picture of that with you don't work for them. besttoyou, Chuck The Car Guy (30 years-thousands of deals) www.thebestdealofyourlife.com
Answer 6 :
Of the brands you listed you'd do best selling Chevy. Ford second. Dodge/Chrysler a distant third. I've sold all of them. Unfortunately I sold Dodge the longest but only because the dealership allowed me to do as I pleased regarding sales techniques and hours. Chevy sees 3 times the floor traffic as Dodge. More traffic = more opportunity.
Answer 7 :
If you lived where I live you would not want to be selling a Dodge or any other Mopar. I have owned a Mopar of some kind for the last 35 yrs, but the dealership in my town has been the worst people to deal with that ever lived. At one time it was the biggest Dealership around (10 yrs ago). But the new owner took advantage of ever one that walked on to their lot and for the last 5 yrs nobody will stop at this Dealership they sold out about a month ago to a new dealer but still no one will stop at this dealership I feel sorry for the new owners

 Read more other entries :